Monday, January 21, 2013

The Communities In Which I Belong

Community 1: Family
This is the only picture I have of my family together. We are not really the type to have family pictures taken, or to spend a lot of time together. We always have our own things going on, but no matter what we still have these deep connections that string us together where ever we go. Each of these people have left an imprint on my life and taught me many things I could have never learned on my own. I feel like as a kid I spent a lot of time ignoring my family, but as I grew older I realized the importance of these people.




Community 2: Sisterhood

I was iffy on the whole idea of joining a sorority, however becoming a Tri Delta was one of the best decisions I have ever made. This is one of the first times I have been a part of something bigger than me that relies on me to do my part. I am given responsibility and expected to uphold certain standards. This is somewhere that I belong and feel at home. A sisterhood is a family, full of people who will guide you, open you to new experiences, and help you find yourself in the midst of it all. 

Community 3: Retail Consumer

I definitely belong to the community of consumers. I am a huge online shopper, to the point where it honestly is not healthy. I am apart of this community by constantly purchasing items from stores, they know I am and suffocate me with emails highlighting new products and sales going on, and most of these actually to pull me in. I have many apps on my phone of stores and collective places where I can buy anything. I spend much of my time looking at clothing websites. While half the time I do not even end up buying the items I put into my carts, I am still a target person in my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment